NOVEMBER 10, 2014
Roll call showed the following members present on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Parker, Schwartz, Hoffman, Kuck and Kronenberger. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Village Administrator York, Chief of Police Skinner and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Randee Henson, David Giesige representing The Daily Standard and Meredith Enkoff representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the October 27 meeting were approved with a motion by Schwartz. Second by Kronenberger. All ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in his Mayor’s Report:
- Received a Thank You note from the NB Barracuda Swim Team for the Village support of $6000.
- Received a Thank You note from Margie Wuebker thanking the Village for 14 years of cooperation and assistance.
- Announced the Chief of Police and Mayor will be attending Mayor’s Court Training on Friday.
- Thanked the Legion, Sons of the Legion and Parks Dept. for a successful Cider Time.
- Announced the NB-NK Rotary Christmas Tree Lighting will be Dec. 1 at 6:30 p.m.
- Informed residents that the new website is up and running.
- Reported fines, fees and forfeitures for the month of $1129.00.
- Commended Linda Fortkamp for 30 years of service.
- Announced PT Services will be moving from Minster to New Bremen and will employ about 30 physical therapy employees.
- Village Administrator York updated Council on various projects within the Village.
Parker made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Burnell. Five ayes. Schwartz abstained. RESOLUTION 2014-11-56 amending Resolution 2014-9-52 by modifying the Ohio Public Works Grant application for the Circle Drive Reconstruction Project to include a local match of $155,800 and include grant monies in the amount of $292,000. Motion by Hoffman. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes. Schwartz abstained.
Burnell made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Kuck. All ayes. RESOLUTION 2014-11-57 accepting all bids for the pipe for the raw water line project and awarding the bid to HD Waterworks, Tipp City, Ohio, at a cost not to exceed $134,475. Motion by Parker. Second by Kronenberger. All ayes.
Randee Henson, representing Stolly Insurance Group presented and explained several plans for employee health insurance. The current plan with Medical Mutual will increase 13.17%. The Assurant Plan will have an increase of 6%. Kuck made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Parker. All ayes. RESOLUTION 2014-11-58 authorizing Assurant, Inc. as the new Village health care provider. Motion by Schwartz. Second by Kronenberger. All ayes.
The third reading ORDINANCE 2014-9-19 amending Income Tax Ordinance 1973-4-14 by authorizing mandatory filing and adding additional fees for late filing remained tabled.
First reading RESOLUTION 2014-11-59 authorizing the Mayor to enter into a contract with the City of St. Marys for the collection of income tax for the Village of New Bremen. Motion by Parker. Second by Kuck. All ayes.
First reading RESOLUTION 2014-11-60 authorizing the Village Administrator to enter into a contract with Robert W. Kehoe for the rendition of services as Mayor’s Court Magistrate beginning January 1, 2015 and ending December 31, 2015. Motion by Burnell. Second by Schwartz. All ayes.
First reading RESOLUTION 2014-11-61 approving expenditures not to exceed $110,000 for day to day operations of the Village of New Bremen from January 1, 2015 to January 12, 2015 when the 2015 Appropriation Ordinance is adopted. Motion by Kuck. Second by Schwartz. All ayes.
Council briefly discussed drone legislation. It was noted that St. Henry is in the process of passing legislation concerning drones.
Schwartz made a motion to adjourn at 7:55 p.m. Second by Parker. All ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer