Roll call showed the following members present on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Parker, Schwartz, Hoffman, Kuck and Kronenberger. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Village Administrator York, Chief of Police Skinner and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Greg Myers, Kathy Thompson representing The Daily Standard and Meredith Enkoff representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the March 25 meeting were approved with a motion by Hoffman. Second by Parker. All ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in the Mayor’s Report:
· Announced the Community Garage Sales will be this weekend.
· Announced the Easter Egg Hunt will be April 19 at 1:00 p.m.
· Announced Spring Clean Up will be May 3 from 8:00 – 11:00 a.m.
· Reported New Bremen Facebook page had 285 “likes” and Nixle had approximately 300 residents signed up for the service.
· Reported fines, fees and forfeitures for the month of $1290.00.
· Village Administrator York asked for support of the Ohio Public Works Commission renewal which will be on the May 6 primary election. Greg Myers, representing Heritage Trails Park District, asked for backing of local citizens to fund and grow the park district by supporting 0.6 mill levy on the ballot at the May 6 primary election. Myers gave an overview of how the levy will benefit people in Auglaize County.
Third reading RESOLUTION 2014-3-12 entering into a contract with Eagon & Associates for services to assist in developing a new well field on the Crown-Hehr property located on Tri-Township Road. Motion by Schwartz. Second by Kronenberger. All ayes.
Third reading RESOLUTION 2014-3-13 entering into a contract with Garmann/Miller Architects-Engineers for a facilities Study to explore the needs of the Public Works Department, Parks Department, Police Department and Village Administration to ascertain each department’s functional and square footage requirements for future operations. Motion by Kuck. Second by Burnell. All ayes.
Village Administrator York announced the bids to enlarge several test wells to 12 inches on the Crown Hehr farm as follows: Quinter Well Drilling, Burkettsville, Ohio bid $118,775; Jackson Well Service, Bellville, Ohio bid $104,380. RESOLUTION 2014-4-17 accepting all bids and awarding the bid to Jackson Well Service on the condition the project be completed by July 16, 2014. Motion by Burnell. Second by Parker. All ayes.
Kuck made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Kronenberger. All ayes. ORDINANCE 2014-4-5 transferring $50,000 from the Income Tax Fund to the Parks and Recreation Fund. Motion by Parker. Second by Schwartz. All ayes.
First reading RESOLUTION 2014-4-18 authorizing a donation of $6000 to the New Bremen Swim and Dive Team. Motion by Hoffman. Second by Kuck. All ayes.
Ordinance 2014-4-6 amending the payroll ordinance by changing the language in the Employee Handbook Section 2.8 Hours of Work by removing the six minute late grace period when clocking in. Motion by Kuck. Second by Schwartz. All ayes.
Hoffman made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Kronenberger. All ayes.
Ordinance 2014-4-7 changing the Council meeting time from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Motion by Schwartz. Second by Kuck. All ayes.
Schwartz made a motion to enter into Executive Session at 7:25 p.m. to discuss real estate and personnel. Second by Hoffman. All ayes.
Kuck made a motion to enter into Executive Session at 8:15 p.m. to discuss personnel and real estate. Second by Burnell. All ayes.
Council came out of Executive Session at 10:00 p.m. and took no action. Adjournment followed with a motion by Schwartz. Second by Burnell. All ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer