Roll call showed the following members present on this date. Burnell, Wills, Schwartz, Hoffman, Kuck and Stienecker. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Chief of Police Harrod, Village Administrator York and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Robin Elson, Elson Consultingand Margie Wuebker representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the January 25 meeting were approved with a motion by Wills, second by Hoffman. All ayes.
Hoffman made a motion to approve an additional expenditure of $54,859.10 for the month Jan. Second by Kuck. All ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in the Mayor’s Report:
- Announced March 8 as the date for the Fasching Fest sponsored by the Son’s of Legion.
- Told Council of an addition to the New Bremen Website.
- Asked for a moment of silence on honor of Don Ruese a former fire fighter and council member.
- Reported fines, fees and forfeitures in the amount of $1016.30.
- Village Administrator York set Spring Clean-Up Day for Sat. April 30th from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Village Administrator York set up revised voting precincts for consideration and adoption by the Board of Elections. Walnut Street will be the dividing line for East and West Precincts. Everything south of Amsterdam Road will be West Precinct.
Hoffman made a motion to untable the third reading RESOLUTION 2010-11-37 entering into a contract with the New Bremen Emergency Squad for ambulance and emergency medical services. Second by Kuck. All ayes. In consideration, the Village of New Bremen agrees to pay the NBEMS a donation of $15,000 payable on or before May 1, 2011 provided the financial statements have been audited. Council discussed reducing the amount of the contract; however Kuck wanted to talk to the EMS Squad about the matter. The audit showed no need for educational funding at this time. Council decided not to make a donation at this time, however should the NBEMS need funding at a later date, Council would review the request. Motion by Wills, second by Schwartz. All nays. Ordinance did not pass.
Kuck made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Burnell. All ayes. RESOLUTION 2011-2-3 authorizing the purchase of a 2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor from Statewide Ford through the State Purchasing Program for $21,582.00. Motion by Schwartz, second by Stienecker. All ayes.
Village Administrator York announced the bids for the Kuest Ditch Improvements. RESOLUTION 2011-2-4 accepting all bids and awarding the bid to the lowest bidder Donald A. Sommer with the bid of $136,419.00. Motion by Hoffman, second by Stienecker. All ayes.
Burnell made a motion to enter into Executive Session at 7:06 p.m. to discuss personnel. Second by Hoffman. All ayes.
Council came out of Executive Session at 8:05 p.m. Adjournment followed with a motion by Burnell, second by Schwartz. All ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer