Roll call showed the following members present on this date. Burnell, Schwartz, Wills, Hoffman, Kuck and Stienecker. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Village Administrator York and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Margie Wuebker representing The Daily Standard and Angie Klosterman representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the July 26 meeting were approved with a motion by Kuck. Second by Wills. All ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in the Mayor’s Report:
- Reported fines, fees and forfeitures for the month of $1350.00.
- Proposed buying a bench of recognition for Lock One Park and for NB-NK Rotary Centennial Park to thank the New Bremen Historic Assoc. and the NB-NK Rotary for their efforts concerning the parks. Council approved.
- Council approved invoices to pay Greg Garman $250.00 for pictures of the construction of the Lockkeepers House and Rotary Park and NB Coffee and Books $46.20 for catering services for a meeting at the Lockkeepers House.
- Announced Bremenfest dates will be August 19, 20 and 21.
- Award presentations for saving the life of Max Cotterman will be given to Vickie Cotterman, Mike Cotterman, Greg Maurer and Larry Wissman at the Lockkeepers House on Aug. 11 at 6:00.
- Mayor and Village Administrator met with Auglaize Co. Commissioners concerning the flooding issues.
- Village Administrator York updated Council on various projects within the Village.
- Councilor Burnell updated Council on his visit to Wastewater Plant.
Wills made a motion, seconded by Burnell, to untable the third reading ORDINANCE 2011-5-10 requiring the location of all water taps and water service shutoff valves to be located in the utility easement or right of way containing the water main which services each property remained tabled. All ayes. Village Administrator York introduced a new form called Water and Sewer Tap Records to be used with each new construction. Motion by Kuck. Second by Stienecker. All ayes.
Schwartz made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Burnell. All ayes. ORDINANCE 2011-8-15 directing the Mayor and Fiscal Officer to enter into a lease with Don F. Isern for drilling water wells and using the water to supply the Village water works system. There is payment of $10,000 upon signing the lease and $5000 per year thereafter up to 99 years. Motion by Hoffman, second by Stienecker. All ayes.
Schwartz made a motion to adjourn at 7:16 p.m. Second by Kuck. All ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer