Roll call showed the following members present on this date. Burnell, Wills, Schwartz, Hoffman and Stienecker. Kuck was excused with a motion by Wills. Second by Burnell. Five ayes. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Chief of Police Harrod, Village Administrator York and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Keith Quellhorst and Angie Klosterman representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the June 26 meeting were approved with a motion by Hoffman. Second by Stienecker. Five ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in the Mayor’s Report:
- Announced the Firemen’s Picnic will be held July 28, 2012.
- Reported fines, fees and forfeitures for the month of $1265.00.
- Discussed and issued a voluntary conservation of water due to no rain. Also discussed the water battle at the Firemen’s Picnic and decided to let the children participate and restrict the adults for this year only.
- Announced Solicitor Smith was appointed to the Board of Governors of the State of Ohio for law directors.
- Village Administrator York updated Council on various projects within the Village.
First reading RESOLUTION 2012-7-24 authorizing cooperation with Auglaize County to resurface Wuebker Road of which the share for New Bremen would be $10,125. Motion by Schwartz. Second by Wills. Five ayes.
First reading RESOLUTION 2012-7-25 authorizing cooperation with Auglaize County for the reconstruction of the pipe in the Wierth Ditch at the Lions Club Park on the west side of the Crown Pavilion from Plum Street north to the Morrison Bridge. The Auglaize County Engineer’s estimate would not exceed $33,000. The Village would provide the pipe for the project. Motion by Burnell. Second by Stienecker. Five ayes.
Third reading ORDINANCE 2012-6-10 authorizing the rezoning of 201 N. Main St. from R-2 to C-1 as recommended by the Planning Commission. The Public Hearing was held at this Council Meeting. Motion by Stienecker. Second by Burnell. Five ayes.
Schwartz made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Burnell. Five ayes. RESOLUTION 2012-7-26 approving the transfer of ownership of the property at 201 N. Main Street to the Community Improvement Corporation for economic development. The property is no longer of use to the Village of New Bremen. Motion by Schwartz. Second by Stienecker. Five ayes.
Burnell made a motion to table the third reading ORDINANCE 2012-6-11 authorizing A-1 Agriculture Zone real estate to be excluded from the height of grass requirement in Section 93.5 of the Zoning Code. Second by Wills. Five ayes.
Council adjourned at 7:15 p.m. with a motion by Schwartz. Second by Hoffman. Five ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer