Roll call showed the following members present on this date. Burnell, Wills, Schwartz, Hoffman, Kuck and Stienecker. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Chief of Police Harrod, Village Administrator York and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitor is Angie Klosterman representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the July 10 meeting were approved with a motion by Wills. Second by Schwartz. All ayes.
Wills made a motion to approve a total expenditure for the month of $818,670.92. Second by Burnell. All ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in the Mayor’s Report:
- Announced the Firemen’s Picnic will be held July 28, 2012.
- Mayor, Chief of Police and Village Administrator met with Troy Anderson of the Auglaize Co. Emergency Management and Homeland Security Cooperative to review emergency plans and procedures according to the adopted policy.
- Updated Council on property maintenance cases.
- Water advisory will continue for the time being. Council thanked the residents for their response.
- Announced a Fall / Winter Landscaping Seminar to be held on Sept. 18, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. at the Lockkeepers House.
- Reminded residents to clean up after their pets.
- Village Administrator York updated Council on various projects within the Village.
The third reading ORDINANCE 2012-6-11 authorizing A-1 Agriculture Zone real estate to be excluded from the height of grass requirement in Section 93.5 of the Zoning Code remained tabled.
Burnell made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Stienecker. All ayes. Second and third readings RESOLUTION 2012-7-24 authorizing cooperation with Auglaize County to resurface Wuebker Road of which the share for New Bremen would be $10,125. Motion by Kuck. Second by Wills. All ayes.
Burnell made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Kuck. All ayes. Second and third readings RESOLUTION 2012-7-25 authorizing cooperation with Auglaize County for the reconstruction of the pipe in the Wierth Ditch at the Lions Club Park on the west side of the Crown Pavilion from Plum Street north to the Morrison Bridge. The Auglaize County Engineer’s estimate would not exceed $33,000. The Village would provide the pipe for the project. Motion by Wills. Second by Schwartz. All ayes.
Village Administrator York announced August 1, 2012 is the bid opening for the Herman Street Substation Upgrade Project. The engineering estimate is $426,000. The bids will be awarded at the next meeting.
Village Administrator York announced the only bid for the Franklin/Main Streets Sanitary Sewer Project. RESOLUTION 2012-7-27 accepting the bid and awarding the bid to Tumbusch Construction, St. Henry, Ohio with their bid of $79,612.57. The engineering estimate is $98,923. Financial assistance has been approved through the Ohio Public Works Commission at a loan rate of 0.000% for 20 years. Motion by Wills. Second by Burnell. All ayes.
The next meeting will be held on August 14 at the Lockkeepers House.
Council adjourned at 7:20 p.m. with a motion by Schwartz. Second by Hoffman. All ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer