Council members presented Mayor Pape with an engraved wooden gavel.
Roll call showed the following members present on this date. Burnell, Wills, Schwartz, Hoffman, Kuck and Stienecker. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Village Administrator York and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Margie Wuebker representing The Daily Standard and Angie Klosterman representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the August 14 meeting were approved with a motion by Wills. Second by Burnell. All ayes.
Wills made a motion to approve a total expenditure for the month of $793,553.37.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in the Mayor’s Report:
- Informed Council of upcoming proclamations for Eagle Scouts.
- Gave Council a property maintenance update.
- Announced an Open House for Mote & Associates on 9/16/12 from 3:00-6:00 p.m. in Greenville,Ohio.
- Announced Trick or Treat will be on Oct. 25 from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Read a Thank You note from the Wapak Daily News for contributing to the Auglaize County Factbook.
- Announced a Fall / Winter Landscaping Seminar to be held on 9/18/12 at 7:30 p.m. at the Lockkeepers House.
- Village Administrator York updated Council on various projects within the Village.
Kuck made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Stienecker. All ayes. Second and third readings RESOLUTION 2012-8-28 accepting the 2013 distribution plan of Local Government and Revenue Assistance funds and the amounts and rates authorizing the necessary tax levies as determined by the Auglaize Co. Budget Commission. Motion by Wills. Second by Hoffman. All ayes.
Second reading RESOLUTION 2012-8-29 authorizing the Village Administrator to seek bids for a 4000 gallon tanker fire truck for the New Bremen Fire Department. Motion by Wills. Second by Stienecker. All ayes.
Burnell made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Stienecker. All ayes. RESOLUTION 2012-8-31 authorizing Change Order #2 for the Walnut Street Sanitary Sewer Project in the amount of $7500. The increase is due to additional paving. Motion by Kuck. Second by Stienecker. All ayes.
Burnell made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Schwartz. All ayes. RESOLUTION 2012-8-32 authorizing Change Order #1 for the Franklin / Main Streets Sanitary Sewer Project in the amount of $13,953.03. The 15 inch pipe was increased to 18 inch pipe. The total for the project is $93,565.60. Motion by Burnell. Second by Hoffman. All ayes.
Kuck made a motion to adjourn at 7:35 p.m. Second by Schwartz. All ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer