Council members started the meeting with a moment silence to observe 911.
Roll call showed the following members present on this date. Burnell, Wills, Schwartz, Hoffman and Stienecker. Kuck was excused with a motion by Stienecker and seconded by Schwartz. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Village Administrator York and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Scott Frey, Director of the Southwester Auglaize Chamber of Commerce, Dominik Maurer, Margie Wuebker representing The Daily Standard and Angie Klosterman representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the August 28 meeting were approved with a motion by Hoffman. Second by Schwartz. Five ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in the Mayor’s Report:
- Reported fines, fees and forfeitures in the amount of $1747.00.
- Announced a Bremenfest Park Work Day on Sept. 22 at 8:00 a.m.
- Announced Trick or Treat will be on Oct. 25 from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Cider Time will be Oct. 28 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Announced the Pumpkinfest will be on Sept. 28 and 29.
- Announced a Fall / Winter Landscaping Seminar to be held on 9/18/12 at 7:30 p.m. at the Lockkeepers House.
- Village Administrator York updated Council on various projects within the Village.
Scott Frey, Director of the Southwestern Auglaize Chamber of Commerce, gave Council an update on the activities of the chamber.
Third reading RESOLUTION 2012-8-29 authorizing the Village Administrator to seek bids for a 4000 gallon tanker fire truck for the New Bremen Fire Department. Motion by Schwartz. Second by Hoffman. Five ayes.
Wills made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Stienecker. Five ayes. RESOLUTION 2012-9-33 authorizing the Village Administrator to apply for FEMA storm damage reimbursement. Motion by Wills. Second by Hoffman. Five ayes.
First reading RESOLUTION 2012-9-34 authorizing the Village Administrator to apply for the Ohio Public Works Commission Grant in the amount of $190,000 for Walnut Street Resurfacing. Motion by Wills. Second by Schwartz. Five ayes.
First reading ORDINANCE 2012-9- 12 authorizing an increase in compensation for Councilors elected in the 2013/2015 November elections. Motion by Schwartz. Second by Stienecker. Four ayes. Burnell nay.
Schwartz made a motion to adjourn at 7:33 p.m. Second by Wills. Five ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer