Roll call showed the following members present on this date. Burnell, Schwartz, Wills, Hoffman, Kuck and Stienecker. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Chief of Police Harrod, Village Administrator York and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Randee Henson, Matt Krieg, Larry Wissman, Erin Smith, Molly Smith, Margie Wuebker representing The Daily Standard and Angie Klosterman representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the August 23 meeting were approved with a motion by Wills. Second by Schwartz. All ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in the Mayor’s Report:
- Reported fines, fees and forfeitures of $1260.00 for the month.
- Announced Trick or Treat will be Oct. 27 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Announced Cider Time will be Oct. 30 starting at 1:00 p.m.
- Announced the Pumpkinfest will be held Sept. 23 and 24.
- Village Administrator York updated Council on various projects within the Village.
- Councilors will be taking a walking tour of Village buildings on Sept. 22 at 3:30 p.m.
- Councilor Burnell received a Thank You card from Auglaize Industries thanking the swimming pool for their dedication.
Randee Henson, representing Stolly Insurance, Lima, Ohio, gave an overview of current health care reforms and legislation. She presented and compared quotes from Anthem coverage and Ohio Plan. Council is waiting on one final quote and then will review all and make a decision at a later date.
Kuck made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Wills. All ayes. RESOLUTION 2011-9-26 approving Change Order #1 to Donald A. Sommers Kuest Ditch Project in the amount of $2743.50. The total cost of the project is $139,162.50. Motion by Wills. Second by Schwartz. Five ayes. Stienecker abstained.
First reading RESOLUTION 2011-9-27 authorizing the Village Administrator to seek bids for yearly salt applications. Motion by Stienecker, seconded by Burnell. All ayes.
Hoffman made a motion to adjourn at 6:38 p.m. Second by Schwartz. All ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer