Roll call showed the following members present on this date. Burnell, Wills, Schwartz and Stienecker. Hoffman was excused with a motion by Kuck and seconded by Burnell. Five ayes. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Village Administrator York and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Margie Wuebker representing The Daily Standard and Beth Lipton representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the September 25 meeting were approved with a motion by Schwartz. Second by Stienecker. Five ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in the Mayor’s Report:
- Reported fines, fees and forfeitures for the month of $961.00.
- Announced this week is Public Power Week and Fire Prevention Week.
- Announced the Pumpkinfest was a success.
- Received a letter from Joy Bond, Tax Commissioner for St. Marys, updating the Village on new enhancements available for collecting and paying income taxes.
- Village Administrator York updated Council on various projects within the Village.
Third reading ORDINANCE 2012-9-12 authorizing an increase in compensation for the Mayor and Councilors elected in the 2013/2015 November elections. After reviewing the salaries of villages in the area, it was decided to raise the compensation of the Mayor from $5500 to $6500; and for Councilors raise the per council meeting rate from $50 to $100 per meeting and leave the base rate of $400 per year the same. Motion by Schwartz. Second by Stienecker. Four ayes. Burnell nay.
Council approved a shared cost with the CIC for 300 USB flash drives for the Exploration Academy. The cost is $638.25 for the Village. All ayes.
Kuck made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Burnell. Five ayes. Resolution 2012-10-36 authorizing the repair and reconditioning work quoted by Lacal Equipment, Inc. for the Tymco 600BAH street sweeper at a cost of $36,851.57 to be paid from the Income Tax Fund. Motion by Schwartz. Second by Stienecker. Five ayes.
Schwartz made a motion to adjourn at 7:12 p.m. Second by Burnell. Five ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer