Roll call showed the following members present for the regular meeting held this date. Burnell, Meyer, Schwartz, Hoffman, Kuck and Stienecker. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Chief of Police Harrod and Village Administrator York.
Visitors were Matt Krieg, Superintendent of Electric, Steve Wills, Kelly Hemmelgarn, Alex Hemmelgarn, Aaren Hemmelgarn, Angie Weaver representing The Evening Leader and Margie Wuebker representing The Daily Standard.
Minutes from the July 14 meeting were approved with a motion by Meyer, seconded by Burnell. All ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in his Mayor’s Report:
- Announced the Ground Breaking Ceremony for Elmwood Center, Inc. dba Elmwood Assisted Living of New Bremen, was held on Friday, July 24, 2009 at 10:00 at the Southwest Corner of Amsterdam Road & South Walnut Street.
- Announced Trick or Treat will be Oct. 29 from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Announced the Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Lockkeepers House will be August 3, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at Lock One Park.
- Village Administrator York updated Council on various projects within the Village.
- More mulch loading on Sat. Aug. 1 from 8:00-12:00 noon and Monday, Aug. 3 from 12:00-6:00 p.m. New Bremen residents only.
Third reading RESOLUTION 2009-6-21 authorizing the Village Administrator to enter into a contract with Eagon & Associates, Inc., Worthington, Ohio, for hydrogeologic consulting services to assist the Village in developing additional sources of ground-water supply. The cost of the work not to exceed $17,932. Stienecker made a motion to amend the resolution to pay from the Income Tax Fund instead of the Water Fund. Second by Meyer. All ayes. Third reading passed as amended with a motion by Kuck, seconded by Hoffman. All ayes.
Burnell made a motion to enter into Executive Session at 6:47 p.m. to discuss the purchase of land. Second by Kuck. All ayes.
Council came out of Executive Session at 7:27 p.m. and took no action.
Adjournment followed with a motion by Meyer, second by Kuck. All ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer