January 9, 2017
Roll call showed the following members present for the meeting on this date at 6:30 p.m. at the Lockkeepers House. Burnell, Parker, Schwartz, Richter, Kuck and Kronenberger. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Chief of Police Skinner, Village Administrator Dicke and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Jerry McClannan, Jeff Elking representing The Daily Standard and Andrew Wilson representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the December 12 and 21 meetings were approved with a motion by Parker. Second by Kronenberger. All ayes.
Schwartz made a motion to approve a total expenditure for Dec. in the amount of $1,439,970.80. Second by Richter. All ayes.
Burnell made a motion to appoint Councilor Kuck as President of Council. Second by Parker. All ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in his Mayor’s Report:
- Reported fines, fees and forfeitures for the month of December in the amount of $964.00.
- Announced the Income Tax Revenue for 2016 was $4,282,425.46.
- Announced State of the Villages Breakfast is January 26 at First Church of New Knoxville at 8:00 a.m.
- Thanked the office staff for helping with the network upgrade project, Code of Ordinances reduced expense etc.
- Chief of Police Skinner presented the 2016 Police Activities Report.
- Reported Amy Speelman will be attending Mayor’s Court training in March.
- Village Administrator Dicke updated Council on various projects within the Village.
First reading RESOLUTION 2017-1-1 authorizing the Village Administrator to purchase two lagoon curtains at the Wastewater Plant not to exceed $34,000. Motion by Kronenberger. Second by Kuck. All ayes.
Parker made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Schwartz. All ayes. ORDINANCE 2017-1-1 adopting the Appropriations for 2017. Motion by Kuck. Second by Richter. All ayes.
Third reading RESOLUTION 2016-11-74 entering into a contract with American Legal for services to update the Village Code of Ordinances. Motion by Richter. Second by Parker. All ayes.
Third reading ORDINANCE 2016-11-28 authorizing a 3% Cost of Living Adjustment for 2017 for all full time employees and including part time police and economic development classifications effective the second payroll of January 2017. Motion by Kuck. Second by Burnell. All ayes.
Schwartz made a motion to adjourn at 7:01. Second by Parker. All ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer