Roll call showed the following members present on this date. Burnell, Wills, Schwartz, Hoffman and Stienecker. Kuck was excused with a motion by Hoffman. Second by Stienecker. Five ayes. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Chief of Police Harrod, Village Administrator York and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Angela Hamberg, Ben Krieg, Margie Wuebker representing The Daily Standard and Angie Klosterman representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the April 10 meeting were approved with a motion by Hoffman. Second by Wills. Five ayes.
Wills made a motion to approve a total expenditure for the month of $774,922.91. Second by Schwartz. Five ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in the Mayor’s Report:
- Announced Spring Clean Up will be May 5 and the Auglaize County Hazardous Waste Day is May 12.
- The New Bremen EMS will be receiving the Star of Life Award on May 16 in Columbus for outstanding pre-hospital care from a volunteer agency.
- Announced the County EMS Coordinator will be retiring and Linda Emmons will fill the position.
- Councilor Burnell announced Arbor Day will be April 27 at 2:00 p.m. There will be a Growth Award meeting with ODNR on May 2 at 3:00 p.m. to discuss the project.
- Village Administrator York updated Council on projects within the Village.
Third reading RESOLUTION 2012-3-13 entering into a contract with the NBEMS for emergency medical technician-paramedic services. Because of the establishment of the CAT Tax and elimination of the personal property tax revenues the levy monies have decreased. The EMS Squad will receive $20,500 three times a year, a total of $61,500. Motion by Stienecker. Second by Hoffman. Five ayes.
First reading ORDINANCE 2012-4-6 authorizing the Fiscal Officer to levy curb and sidewalk assessments with the Auglaize County Auditor in the amount of $13,794.15 for the Bear Drive Reconstruction Project. Motion by Wills. Second by Schwartz. Five ayes.
Wills made a motion to suspend the rule. Second by Burnell. Five ayes. RESOLUTION 2012-4-17 amending Resolution 2012-4-15 increasing the amount to $30,110.05. The resolution authorizes the purchase of 5600 Turbo Toolcat Work Machine F-Series from Bobcat of Lima, Ohio, including trade-in to be paid from the Income Tax Fund. Motion by Wills. Second by Burnell. Five ayes.
Burnell made a motion to enter into Executive Session at 7:00 p.m. to discuss personnel and real estate. Second by Wills. Five ayes.
Council came out of Executive Session at 8:25 p.m. No action was taken. Adjournment followed with a motion by Schwartz. Second by Hoffman. Five ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer