Roll call showed the following members present on this date at 6:30 p.m. Burnell, Parker, Schwartz, Hoffman and Kronenberger. Kuck was excused with a motion by Schwartz. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes. Also present were Mayor Pape, Solicitor Smith, Village Administrator York, Chief of Police Skinner and Fiscal Officer Gast.
Visitors were Tyler Leichliter, Julie Leichliter, Margie Wuebker representing The Daily Standard and Meredith Enkoff representing The Evening Leader.
Minutes from the April 8 meeting were approved with a motion by Parker. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
Hoffman made a motion to approve a total expenditure for the month of $878,351.63. Second by Burnell. All ayes.
Mayor Pape made the following announcements in the Mayor’s Report:
· Congratulated Crown Equipment Corp. for being the first in Ohio to achieve the gold-level award for Encouraging Environmental Excellence from the EPA for their New Knoxville plant.
· Announced Spring Clean Up will be May 3 from 8:00 – 11:00 a.m.
· Reported both fire trucks are here and will be in service soon.
· Approved an F-2 Permit for the NBFD for the Firemen’s Picnic to be held on July 26.
· Received approval to attend the Mayor’s Association of Ohio conference on June 11-12. Motion by Parker. Second by Burnell. Five ayes.
· Village Administrator York asked for support of the Ohio Public Works Commission renewal which will be on the May 6 primary election.
Second reading RESOLUTION 2014-4-18 authorizing a donation of $6000 to the New Bremen Swim and Dive Team. Motion by Parker. Second by Kronenberger. Five ayes.
ORDINANCE 2014-4-6 amending the payroll ordinance by changing the language in the Employee Handbook Section 2.8 Hours of Work. Burnell made a motion to amend the language as follows: Employees subject to a time clock shall clock in at their scheduled start time and employees subject to a time clock shall clock out immediately after the end of their scheduled workday, unless otherwise instructed or authorized by their immediate supervisor. Second by Parker. Five ayes.
Second reading Ordinance 2014-4-6 as amended. Motion by Burnell. Second by Schwartz. Five ayes.
Council discussed German Township request to make payments for their 25% share of the Texas fire truck instead of a lump sum. The Fire Committee will attend the May 6 German Township meeting for more details. First reading RESOLUTION 2014-4-19 authorizing the Fiscal Officer to pay the German Township Trustee for the Village share of the resurfacing of the west side of Kettler Road. The cost not to exceed $10,306. Motion by Schwartz. Second by Hoffman. Five ayes.
Schwartz made a motion to enter into Executive Session at 8:10 p.m. to discuss litigation. Second by Burnell. Five ayes. Council came out of Executive Session at 8:45 p.m. and took no action. Adjournment followed with a motion by Schwartz. Second by Burnell. Five ayes.
Diane Gast, Fiscal Officer