The ‘BOWSTRING” cast-and-wrought-iron truss bridge, also known as the Moulton Angle Road Bridge from its previous location northeast of New Bremen, is an exceptional historic bridge.  Built in 1864 as part of a three span bridge over the Auglaize River in Wapakoneta, it was moved in 1894 to the Moulton Angle Road near New Knoxville.  It is the oldest bowstring bridge in Ohio and one of 74 iron bowstring bridges known to exist.  The type was “exceptionally suitable for short highway and canal spans” and has been inventoried by the National Park Service’s Historic American Engineering Record (HAER).  Until 1984 it was used as a short highway bridge and after being moved to New Bremen it has been narrowed and used as a canal span.  It was designed by David H. Morrison, founder of the Columbia Bridge Company, Dayton, Ohio.  Its preservation was spearheaded by local residents who recognized its rarity.  Now it is used as a shortcut between the Lions Club Park and the Library area, crossing the Miami & Erie Canal.